Tokyo

Assalamualaikum and konnichiwa.

"Ohayo gozaimasu. Watashino namaewa Siti Zuriani Zakaria desu. Maraysia kara kimashita."

That was the opening of my presentation at Tokyo Nogyo Daigaku (Tokyo University of Agriculture) on the 2nd of October 2015. Some Japanese students asked me whether I take Japanese class because my pronunciation was good. Japanese communication is quite easy, I reckon because you are saying those words one by one and letters by letters.

Setagaya has been a cozy place. It felt homie. The whole Tokyo is cozy for me. Kawaba too. It was very comforting and safe. 9 days in Japan was full of fun, joy and experiences that I could never forget. I made a lot of friends from all walks of life. We shared different views and worked out similarities between those differences. To me, my group was the best that I can get. I will always remember Vandara and Ikrom. Khin, although a bit quiet, was the most passionate young entomologist that I have met. There are many people that I will remember of. Their views on life and the raised issue in the summit directly influenced mine. 9 days were short and not enough to be spent for fun in the midst of a summit.

At the age of 21, I was able to deliver something and made use of the capability within me that I had never known of. I had been bold at the second chance that I got, regretting not doing so at the first. I spoke my opinion up despite the nerves and adrenaline inside me, hesitating whether my point could be accepted.

Being in the crowd of international students had surely widened up my views. My way of thinking has changed for the better.

Maybe it is just us.
"Stop development. Stop screwing developing countries."
"How can you say stop developing? You can never stop development."

So friends, at the age of 21, I would like to remind you that it would never be a problem to voice out. It is never going to cause a deal or chaos over one's voicing out his or her own opinion. Your opinion belongs to you, and it will just stay as an opinion if no one hears it.

Also, screw your bad grammar and wrong usage of tenses. Communication through explanation could reach people despite your poor ability in the English language. Anyhow, actions speak louder than words, right?

P/s : I'm starting an album of 100 Ways to Fall in Love with Japan. Link will be up later.

Floating in between skies, clouds and the surface of the earth,
4th October 2015.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How shallow can I be? Very.

2 years later

May was a total disaster