16 months later

It's 3.55 a.m. on an early Friday morning. I've been struggling to sleep since the past couple of hours. I fell asleep past 9 and woke up right after midnight. Ohh, hey there! Long time no see!

Pardon my absence, would you? It was so hard to continue writing when all I had in thought for the past months was leaving the job. Tonight, I realized how it heavily affected me and the gravity of it changed me as a person.

One of the changes that made me proud was I managed to stand up for myself. If you hadn't known yet, no one will stand up for you. No matter how close you are to your colleagues, how much you helped each other, trust me, they will not back you up. Everyone is busy attending their own mess and ass. Just so, I learned to be bolder and honest.

I don't prefer to be reminded of the reasons I cried, fell sick and got stressed out. We can talk (if you want to hear about it) over coffee so we'll leave that out for now ya.

Anyway, I went to an interview last week. I left the interview feeling mad. As much as I'm fond of the idea of a startup, if I take the job, I'd lose RM600 from my current income. Bullshit. I was angry because I had only one disturbing question on my mind post-interview. Why did they call me knowing the fact that they cannot pay an experienced person well?

Just so, contentment came along. I am grateful of this job and I'd be a fool if I leave it without getting a better offer. Many people struggle to get a job. I shouldn't take it for granted even though I hate it.

Last evening, I got a call for another interview. It's next Wednesday and I'd better be prepared because I'm going to get myself a good offer.

Watch over me please.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How shallow can I be? Very.

2 years later

May was a total disaster